Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blessings

Eleven years ago when I put this quilt top together, I was a single Mom struggling to make ends meet, raising 2 young boys with very little help from their father. I had seen a quilting show on television that focused on house blocks. Inspired by that show, I created this scrap quilt based upon a desire to bring blessing on my home. The block in the bottom left corner is wonky on purpose for it is how I see my household (not perfect). It adds an extra 3" to that corner of the quilt as a result. 

Ten years later, I hand quilted it. Included in the quilting are secret words of blessing that I desire for my household. Words such as joy, prosperity, compassion, etc. It now covers the window next to my bed. 

It reminds me to be thankful for all the blessings I have in my life. Things are very different today than when I pieced it together.. My boys, now in their teens are succeeding in their endeavors, I have a new, loving husband whom I adore (we just celebrated our 3rd Anniversary), and we live in a very lovely home. 
We are truly Blessed.

My prayer for this new year is that you and yours will be blessed as well.

Lavonna

No comments:

Post a Comment