Sunday, August 18, 2013

The making of a Quilt for Quiltmaker... blog #5

I mailed off my quilt to Colorado this last week. Off to Quiltmaker it goes to be photographed. {sigh} I am sure they will do a much more professional job than me having my son hold it up in the living room.
Now, I can't show your the front, but here is the back side. :)

(My darling dog, Precious is sneaking into the photo here)

I machine quilted it according to the suggested quilting for the project. Some others in our "party" (8 other ladies beside myself), have chosen to quilt it in their own pattern. Each quilt, although it has the same design on the front, looks so beautifully different due to the choice of fabrics and quilting options. I am sure you will agree when they are revealed on Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures Blog on September 16th-20th. 
It's gonna be quite a Party!

This is their invitation in the September/October issue of Quiltmaker Magazine:



Here is another hint about the Quiltmaker Back to School Party: 

It involves 2 blocks, block X and block Y. Here is where those blocks collide. :)



The wonderful people at Quiltmaker provided me with some really YUMMY fabrics to play with to complete this project. It reminds me of candy and chocolate.

Speaking of which, that makes me hungry for some.

Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment