Thursday, August 8, 2013

The making of a Quilt for Quiltmaker... blog #2

I love playing with fabric. 

As I have been putting together this Quilt for Quiltmaker's Back to School Party, I have had the opportunity to play with some delicious fabric. 



Part of the pattern that I have put together for this project requires that a lot of triangles get cut away and discarded thus creating "bonus triangles". Being a Scrap Quilter, I am not one to discard fabric easily, so I decided to play a little with the extra triangles I had from the Quiltmaker project.


I started by taking my bucket full of bonus triangles...



... and I sewed them all together.



I trimmed them down to 2 inches square.



I had a total of 12 colors combined with a beautiful chocolate brown.




So I put those together and made them into an 8 pointed star.


I have made 6 stars that finish at 6" square.


I have put a strip of chocolate brown in between each block and I will be placing the stars on the back of my quilt as my signature.

Quilting will begin tomorrow. :)

Lavonna ZWB







No comments:

Post a Comment